commons-user mailing list archives

From David Hausladen <>
Subject Re: [vfs] (trunk) webdav auth challenges not provided credentials
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:00:59 GMT
I've been debugging it and it looks like the FileSystemOptions containing the
auth information aren't the same ones used to create the filesystem or look up
properties of a FileObject.  Is there any way to ensure that the instance of
FileSystemOptions one sets up using the *FileSystemConfigBuilders is the one
actually used by the file system operations?

----- Original Message ----
From: dhauslad <>
Sent: Thu, September 2, 2010 8:52:01 PM
Subject: [VFS] (trunk) webdav auth challenges not provided credentials

As long as the URI/path provided to the resolveFile-like methods contains the
user id and password, I've been successful getting stuff from webdav via the
VFS APIs.  However, as soon as I start using some of the other methods on a
returned FileObject (for example: getContent().getAttributes()), I see this
kind of error in my log.

02 Sep 2010 15:43:25.937 DEBUG  << "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized[\r][\n]"

I've tried setting up the UserAuthenticator on the
DefaultFileSystemConfigBuilder and the proxy authentication on the
WebdavFileSystemConfigBuilder to no avail.  Where should I be supplying the
authentication information?

Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: