commons-user mailing list archives

From David Hausladen <david_hausla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] (trunk) webdav auth challenges not provided credentials
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:33:52 GMT
I wonder if it'd be possible to get these two patches applied this week.  I'd
really appreciate it if you'd at least look at them and provide a disposition.

________________________________
From: David Hausladen <david_hausladen@yahoo.com>
To: Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, September 8, 2010 4:09:27 PM
Subject: Re: [vfs] (trunk) webdav auth challenges not provided credentials

NullPointerException: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-315
Preemptive Auth: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-316

________________________________
From: David Hausladen <david_hausladen@yahoo.com>
To: Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, September 8, 2010 12:20:20 PM

Should anyone hit this post and be facing the same problem, I'll point out what
I found out to be the solution.  I needed to use the
DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(FileObject, String, FileSystemOptions)
method instead, which tunnels the options into the FileSystem.  Otherwise,
you're out of luck.  While it seems like the interface prohibits use by the
presence of the FileObject in the signature, you can leave it null and provide a

URI string in the second parameter and provide the FileSystemOptions which have
been decorated with authentication information in the third.

I'm also going to be sending some patches for some problems I encountered while
working with vfs.
1. The default authentication approach seemed wasteful/inefficient enough to
call it a defect IMO.  Expose a "preemptive" authentication option via
FileSystemOptions.

2. I found some NullPointerExceptions in the handling of the WebDAV properties.

I'll send the links to the issues once created.