commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Nicholson <robert.nichol...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the best practice with dbcp with oracle rac?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:24:38 GMT
We are currently using dbcp 1.1 with oracle 10g but we're moving to an Oracle 11g RAC setup.

Our existing code doesn't have any "retry" logic in response to SQLExceptions so does dbcp
subscribe to ONS events and what is the general approach it uses to become aware of a node
down event in the cluster and how does it handle failover? ie. what connections are recycled
take place?

Our existing jdbc url currently references a virtual ip address which is frontending the cluster
which I believe means that you won't have to wait for the TCP timeout when a node goes down
but rather the onus is still on the client to catch the SQLException and have retry logic
in order to reconnect to the new node.