commons-user mailing list archives

From trags <>
Subject Re: [daemon] Cannot instantiate class: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:26:27 GMT

> Try with --StartMode=java

This has been taking a long time, because the file paths that worked from
the command line are not the same as when running as a service.  I require
my configuration file to be in the current working directory, but now I have
several occurances of code like...

        File configFile = new File(System.getProperty("user.dir") +
System.getProperty("file.separator") + "config");

urlConfig = configFile.toURI().toURL()

This is true even after setting -Duser.dir=C:/MyApp/.  For instance, my
log4j files are still ending up in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\logs\.
My config file points to the log4j config file.  This first part works.
However, in the log4j ini file, I specify that the logs should be placed in
./logs/, and the path this file uses is to the JDK.

The good news is only two system properties were found to be significantly
different, and therefore added to the ++JvmOptions:  -Duser.dir and

Thanks for your help, ^TM.

Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at