commons-user mailing list archives

From dhauslad <david_hausla...@yahoo.com>
Subject [VFS] (trunk) webdav auth challenges not provided credentials
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:52:01 GMT

As long as the URI/path provided to the resolveFile-like methods contains the
user id and password, I've been successful getting stuff from webdav via the
VFS APIs.  However, as soon as I start using some of the other methods on a
returned FileObject (for example: getContent().getAttributes()), I see this
kind of error in my log.

02 Sep 2010 15:43:25.937 DEBUG  << "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized[\r][\n]"

I've tried setting up the UserAuthenticator on the
DefaultFileSystemConfigBuilder and the proxy authentication on the
WebdavFileSystemConfigBuilder to no avail.  Where should I be supplying the
authentication information?