commons-user mailing list archives

From Jasmin Mehta <Jasmin_Me...@nexweb.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] : Can commons.logging be used without log4j
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:23:48 GMT
Yes,  something similar to webapp-classpath-first check box does come up
when I deploy the ear file.

Here is the screen shot:

What do I do here?

The 'Include War Manifest Class Path' check box is checked by default. I
did not edit anything here. My manifest.mf file in war file doesn't have
anything, its just

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.5.0_06-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Built-By: JM

Please guide me.

Thanks
Jasmin

From:   James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com>
To:     Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>
Date:   08/09/2010 10:14 AM
Subject:        Re: [Logging] : Can commons.logging be used without log4j
Sent by:        jcarman@carmanconsulting.com

Sounds like a classloader configuration issue.  OC4J probably has a
version of log4j on their classpath and it's bleeding over into the
classpath of your webapps.  Is there a webapp-classpath-first setting
somewhere?

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B31017_01/web.1013/b28952/opensrc.htm#i637153