commons-user mailing list archives

From Jasmin Mehta <Jasmin.Me...@nexweb.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] : Can commons.logging be used without log4j
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:10:09 GMT

        } catch (Exception e) {
            throw new ServletException(e);
        }

From:   Brent Worden <brent.worden@gmail.com>
To:     user@commons.apache.org
Date:   08/09/2010 09:56 AM
Subject:        Re: [Logging] : Can commons.logging be used without log4j

On 8/9/2010 7:53 AM, Jasmin Mehta wrote:
> The log4j has limitation that if its used as a shared library then it
can
> initiate only one configuration. So my all we applications which shares
> the same instance are populating the logs into only one log file (the
web
> app which deployed first in order), rather than individual / separate
log
> files configured in the path of each of the application's
> log4j.properties.

This isn't true.  Log4j allows for defining and using multiple log
configurations in a single JVM.  This is accomplished by using a
RepositorySelector to manage the multiple log hierarchies.  See
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Log4jrepositoryselector for a web
container example.

Thanks,

Brent Worden