commons-user mailing list archives

From Ferindo Middleton <ferindo.middle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] embed/include dynamic Java Server Pages content in email/NTLM Authentication to Exchange Server
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:53:12 GMT
Thanks for your incite with my posts regarding this Siegfried and Ricardo! I
suppose that commons-email doesn't support the kind of integration I was
hoping to use in my JSP pages. I was thinking that I could have the dynamic
content of my JSP pages embedded via the functions of Class HtmlEmail. I had
been using Mailer Tag library (
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/mailer-doc/) that was retired in the
Jakarta Project but the security supported my company's Exchange server has
been beefed up over the year and they no longer support the basic
authentication I once was able to use in the Mailer Taglib as there is very
little configuration that tag library supported besides sending basic SMTP
email with basic authentication. I tried upgrading to the Mailer2 taglib (
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sandbox/doc/mailer2-doc/) via the svn made
available on the site but I don't think that project ever came to a release
point as there's no .tld or .jar files provided in the svn trunk (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/deprecated-sandbox/mailer2/trunk/)
and the the svn that's there won't build using ant because I don't that
project ever came to a completion point.

I had posted some other threads on trying to get commons-email to
authenticate via the apparent NTLM authentication mechanism the Exchange
server now requires but it appears that even once I get past that, this
package doesn't have enough integration I would need with my JSP dynamic
content I got used to being able to send dynamically with the Mailer Tag
library. I realize this isn't quite the forum for this, but can you point me
in the right direction to get updated resources for sending email from my
JSPs?

--
Ferindo