commons-user mailing list archives

From Ferindo Middleton <ferindo.middle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] embed/include dynamic Java Server Pages content in email/NTLM Authentication to Exchange Server
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 01:40:41 GMT
I did some further research into the original Taglibs Mailer I was using (
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/mailer-doc/mailer-1.1/index.html). I
was using one of the three ways that mail can be sent using that tag: simply
using the name of the SMTP host and authentication userid & password within
the tag. The second requires the name of a JNDI Resource for a JavaMail
Session. I'm going to research this second way as I think it will give me
the options of specifying/configuring the JavaMail session to better
authenticate using NTLM.I really want to continue using the taglib way of
sending my emails from my Java Server Pages. I saw another post by someone
outlining a servlet a user wrote to grab the Request properties of the
parsed JSP to pass to the commons-email package but I wanted to continue
using my taglib at the presentation layer to assist with the kind of rapid
development I'm looking for. I was kind of surprised that no one seems to be
actively working on the mailer taglibs considering that sending email from
webapps is such a key function but it appears that with a little further
research in setting up a Javamail JNDI session on the Tomcat Server, I can
be able to more accurately configure the connection properties to allow for
NTLM authentication. That was my original problem: the way I was using the
tag didn't allow for a more sophisticated specification/configuration of the
connection parameters.  But it looks like I will be able to configure the
JavaMail connection at the server level and still use the same old tag that
has now been strangely retired.

--
Ferindo