commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Sparse Matrix - visiting all entries
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:24:40 GMT
Apache Mahout also has a matrix package with sparse matrix support.  In
particular, iterateNonZero is supported and there are multiple sparse
vector/matrix formats that provide different performance trade-offs.

Our purpose is not necessarily to be a general purpose math package and the
system is still somewhat in flux so there is a good chance that Mahout Math
isn't what you need.  On the other hand, because Mahout is much less mature,
changes are much easier to push through.  Commons Math has a fairly strict
back compatibility policy that means that changes such as you want can take
a very long time even for trunk.