commons-user mailing list archives

From Prem Chand Majeti <prem.maj...@aricent.com>
Subject [scxml] Regarding usage of fireEvent method
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 05:40:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement simple FSM in java.

Here is my scxml :-

<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"
       version="1.0" initialstate="first">

    <state id="first">
            <transition event="event1" target="second" />
            <transition event="event2" target="last" />
    </state>

    <state id="second">
            <transition event="event3" target="last" />
    </state>

    <state id="last" final="true" />

</scxml>

Java Implemetation:-

public class FsmTest extends AbstractStateMachine {

            public FsmTest(URL scxmlDocument) {
                        super(scxmlDocument);
            }

            public void first() {
                        //Some process...
                        if(..)
                                    fireEvent("event1");
                        else
                                    fireEvent("event2");
            }

            public void second() {
                        // Some Process....
                        fireEvent("event3");
            }

            public void last() {
            }

}

When I try to run this, it was entering into the state "first". But from there no event was
fired and it was not moving to other states.
Please let me know if I was doing something wrong.

Thanks & Regards
Prem

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus."