commons-user mailing list archives

From Abigail Gertner <gert...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [scxml] datamodel, custom actions and digester
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:19:37 GMT

On 8/11/2010 12:29 AM, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> <snip/>
> The way to obtain the live values of the datamodel is to use the
> expression evaluator, see interfaces mentioned here:
>
>   http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html

Is it possible to call a method using the expression evaluator with an
argument that is a node in the XML tree, rather than just a string value?

> Might be worthwhile revisiting the need for using
> SCXMLParser#newInstance() rather than the static parse methods.

The reason I am doing this is that I am using xinclude to include a
separate xml file and I found that I needed to call setXIncludeAware()
on the parser to make it do the include. Is there some way to do this
using the static parse methods?

Thanks again,
-Abigail