commons-user mailing list archives

From Brent Worden <brent.wor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Logging] : Can commons.logging be used without log4j
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:56:01 GMT
On 8/9/2010 7:53 AM, Jasmin Mehta wrote:
> The log4j has limitation that if its used as a shared library then it can
> initiate only one configuration. So my all we applications which shares
> the same instance are populating the logs into only one log file (the web
> app which deployed first in order), rather than individual / separate log
> files configured in the path of each of the application's
> log4j.properties.

This isn't true.  Log4j allows for defining and using multiple log
configurations in a single JVM.  This is accomplished by using a
RepositorySelector to manage the multiple log hierarchies.  See
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Log4jrepositoryselector for a web
container example.

Thanks,

Brent Worden