commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Email] Email send hangs thread indefinitely on intermittent failure
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:30:07 GMT
Oh what a bugger, I see these two options are available in 1.2, but the
javadocs on the website are out of date (they don't show these two options).
And yep, that's what I needed to fix the problem. I'll put in a patch
suggestion to set these to default values out of the box. We definitely
shouldn't have to think at this level with a wrapper API expected to be used
in server apps.

Thanks much!
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at]
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 12:05 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Email] Email send hangs thread indefinitely on intermittent
failure

Hi David,

don't know if you have set any timeouts for your tests such as

+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT
+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_TIMEOUT
+) Email.setSocketConnectionTimeout()
+) Email.setSocketTimeout()

The first two go into the email session for (javax.mail) while the two
others are set directly on Email - see
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/com/sun/mail/smtp/package-sum
mary.html

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Agreed on the fact the you should not hang indefinitely with a default
configuration