commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Email] Email send hangs thread indefinitely on intermittent failure
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:37:21 GMT
Thanks for the reply Siegfried.

I did not have any timeout settings for my test. But it looks like these
settings are available only in 1.3 dev, not the release build (I'm using
1.2).

I didn't quite follow how to make use of the first two options
(MAIL_SMTP_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT/TIMEOUT).

But in any case do you (or does anyone) know how stable 1.3 is? Is this
problem solvable in 1.2? Perhaps there are defaults on these values in 1.3?

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at]
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 12:05 AM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Email] Email send hangs thread indefinitely on intermittent
failure

Hi David,

don't know if you have set any timeouts for your tests such as

+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT
+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_TIMEOUT
+) Email.setSocketConnectionTimeout()
+) Email.setSocketTimeout()

The first two go into the email session for (javax.mail) while the two
others are set directly on Email - see
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/com/sun/mail/smtp/package-sum
mary.html

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Agreed on the fact the you should not hang indefinitely with a default
configuration