commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SANSELAN] Distributing Applications That Use Sanselan
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:02:42 GMT
Embedding the classes from one jar in another tends to lead to jar
hell; namely people wondering why putting a later version of sanselan
in their classpath isn't working. If you're a user end application
then you can get away with it.

Legally; follow the license. For me that means including the LICENSE
and NOTICE in my distribution, but there's more to the license than
that and you should make sure you and your legal advisor don't have
concerns.

I wouldn't worry about copying the jar amongst apps; that allows for
better autonomous coding. If size is an issue, use tools to shrink
sanselan down to the bits each app is actually using.

Hen