commons-user mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Morbini <fmorb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Calling methods through scxml
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 00:57:48 GMT
other two alternatives may be:
1) use the expr attribute of the log element.
2) create a custom action, e.g. "eval" that does just what you are asking.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 15:08, Christopher Dragert
<chris.dragert@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find an elegant way to call a method from an object using scxml.  I start
by placing my object ("foo") in the context, then starting execution.  My goal would be to
have something like:

> <onentry>
>     <expr="foo.bar()/>
> </onentry>
>
> but this does not work since expr is not a tag.  Instead, the best method I've found
is to create a dummy variable in my data model and then fake assignments to it: