commons-user mailing list archives

From Minhaj <minhaj...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] connection error while querying to db after being 7+ hours idle.
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 05:37:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing the following problem when I'm trying to access database in the
morning. which means after use application after being 7+ hours idle. I even
tried to append autoReconnect=true into db connection string but no luck yet
:( and the most strangest thing is that this error rise only once in very
first query, but when i try next time it works perfectly alright.

Anyone ever faced such issue?

2010-07-21 07:00:48,554  WARN (JDBCExceptionReporter.java:100)
[org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter, logExceptions] - SQL Error: 0,
SQLState: 08S01
2010-07-21 07:00:48,555 ERROR (JDBCExceptionReporter.java:101)
[org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter, logExceptions] - The last packet
successfully received from the server was 677,246,024 milliseconds ago.  The
last packet sent successfully to the server was 677,246,024 milliseconds
ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You
should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before
use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client
timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true'
to avoid this problem.

Thanks are in advance.