commons-user mailing list archives

From Mikkel Meyer Andersen <m...@mikl.dk>
Subject [math] DescriptiveStatistics based on double[]
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:09:35 GMT
Dear community,

I have a fixed double[] that I want to apply DescriptiveStatistics to
(so to speak). I can't find similar class for (fixed sized) double[]
(as opposed to DescriptiveStatistics that is based on
ResizableDoubleArray such that it supports rolling addition).

I can of course use the static functionality in StatUtils, but it does
not support all features that DescriptiveStatistics do.

Is there an existing class that I have overseen (besides using a
for-loop on double[] and adding values) or would it be an idea to have
a DescriptiveStatistics-twin for fixed-sized datasets (that would of
course not support rolling addition of elements)?

Cheers, Mikkel.