commons-user mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <java.vinic...@gmail.com>
Subject VFS: possible encoding problems
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:47:17 GMT
Hello there!I think I'm facing some encoding issues with commons-vfs.

My development environment is an ubuntu 10.04 linux (english) and tomcat is
set with -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

The app is running ok on my machine. When deployed on the server: Fedora
Core 7, with the same configuration on tomcat.

this is a snippet that is used:

FileObject remote = VFS.getManager().resolveFile(url);
context.put(filename,localFile.getName().getPath());

On another class:

reader = new LineNumberReader(new InputStreamReader(new
FileInputStream(context.get(filename)),"ISO-8859-1"));

The problem is that on Fedora this does not works, having çã replaced by $$.

I think it may be related to commons-vfs, not sure, sorry about that, since
it's the component between the download and file creation.

Any ideas?

Regards