commons-user mailing list archives

From venkateswara kumar myla <venki....@gmail.com>
Subject [exec]
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:58:17 GMT
Hi Team,
I am very excited with this project and good to have this.
It made my life easy.
I have some questions which are as follows:
1. Watch Dog:
    When i attach a watch dog to a process with some time limit, the process
is executing even the time limit reached.
2. I am unable to execute the dos commands.
    For example i want to execute the "ver" command in windows 2003.
    I tried to execute the command as follows:
    1. CommandLine cl = new CommandLine("ver");
        DefaultExecutor dfe = new DefaultExecutor();
        dfe.execute(cl);
    2. CommandLine cl = new CommandLine("CMD /C ver");
        DefaultExecutor dfe = new DefaultExecutor();
        dfe.execute(cl);

The command did not get executed.

Could any one please let me know what i am doing wrong here?

Best Regards
Venkat Myla