commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Query on usage of <datamodel>
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:58:11 GMT
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Prem Chand Majeti
<prem.majeti@aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to SCXML. I had a query on usage of <datamodel> and <data>.
>

> E.g.:- <data name="foo" />
>
> 1)       Is it possible to set <data> values from Java program dynamically?
> 2)       Can I declare this data at document level and use it in all the states for
further processing?

<snip/>

Yes, and in fact, if you declare a document level <datamodel>, it is
quite trivial to set <data> values programmatically using
SCXMLExecutor#getRootContext() followed by a set on the root context.

> If it is possible, can you give some pointers where I can find an example or tutorial
for this?

<snap/>

The following resources may be useful (let us know if you have more
questions beyond that):

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/datamodel.html
  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html

-Rahul

> Thanks & Regards
> Prem

> "DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus."