commons-user mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Common Scala Bundles
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:47:32 GMT
In apache clerezza we need scala in a way that:
- it can be used in an osgi container
- it exposes the scripting interfaces as per JSR 223 (javax.scripting)

At least the sling project has very similar requirements on the
foundation of their scala support, so I think it would be good to pool
this efforts and I'm wondering if this would best be pursued as an
Apache Comons project.

We have done a first implementation consisting of 3 bundles, 2 bundles
seem to be analogous to the ones available here
http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases/com/weiglewilczek/scala-lang-osgi/
(I didn't know about them originally, and the yhave the disadvantage
of not being in maven central). Our implementations has no
dependencies on other clerezza components.

The source of our implementation is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/clerezza/trunk/scala-scripting/

The current implementation is quite minimalistic and merging it with
the best from the scala support in sling could bring big improvements,
but as far as I know there's no other  javax.scripting implementation
for scala 2.8.

Cheers,
reto