commons-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Dragert <chris.drag...@mail.mcgill.ca>
Subject [scxml] Calling methods through scxml
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 22:08:29 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to find an elegant way to call a method from an object using scxml.  I start by
placing my object ("foo") in the context, then starting execution.  My goal would be to have
something like:

<onentry>
     <expr="foo.bar()/>
</onentry>

but this does not work since expr is not a tag.  Instead, the best method I've found is to
create a dummy variable in my data model and then fake assignments to it:

<datamodel>
     <data id="scratch" />
</datamodel>

<state id="hello" final="true">
     <onentry>
         <assign location="scratch" expr="foo.bar()/>
     </onentry>
</state>

While this works, it seems unneccesary and contrived.  Is there a more elegant way to do this?

Thanks,
Chris Dragert