commons-user mailing list archives

From Norman Shapiro <n...@smtp.rawbw.com>
Subject [SANSELAN] Distributing Applications That Use Sanselan
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:51:24 GMT
I want to distribute applications that use sanselan, and want to meet all legal,
ethical and practical requirements.

I don't know where to put the required copyright notice(s).

Also, I don't know how to distribute sanselan-*-incubator.jar. If I distribute
it as a separate jar file, or as reference to a copy on a web site, the
installation scripts and Microsoft batch files will have to know where on the
host computer it is installed. I'm thinking that it would be best to incorporate
the contents of sanselan-*-incubator.jar into my jar file and then just
distribute my jar file, along with my sources. I know that doing so would mean,
in effect, a separate copy of sanselan-*-incubator.jar for each application, but
its only half a megabyte.

Advice will be appreciated.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue