commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Southern <south...@scripps.edu>
Subject RE: [commons pipeline]
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:56:20 GMT
I've had a chance to use Commons Pipeline recently and I'm a fan :-). I wondered if I might
contribute back a few Stages that I've written? The first two have dependencies on commons-collections
and the last two on Hibernate. Maybe they could go into a user-contrib project?

GroupStage:      Add single objects to an ArrayList. Emits at a predetermined size.
UngroupStage: Emit single objects by iterating over an Iterable, Iterator, Array or single
object.
SessionStage:    Ensures that each Thread operating on a Stage gets its own Hibernate session.
CommitStage:   Calls Session.save on each Hibernate object and commits with a predefined frequency.

Best regards,
~Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Siegfried Goeschl [mailto:siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:53 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Commons email

Hi David,

listening for new emails is beyond the scope of commons-email since it
is focused on simplifying the generation and sending of emails.

Depending on what you want to do you can fetch emails from within your
application or have a look at Apache James (http://james.apache.org).

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl