commons-user mailing list archives

From mehul mehta <majidme...@hotmail.com>
Subject DBCP minIdle
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:03:21 GMT

Hello, We have dbcp configuration in production set as minIdle = 25, maxIdle = 50, maxActive
= 10000. We often experience slow down in queries to the database that normally do not take
that long. We are pretty sure that it is not the database.Let us say the idle connections
are 25. Now one of the idle connections is used up. Does dbcp create a new connection right
away to maintain 25 idle connections. Or does dbcp wait for 25 idle connections to be used
up and then create 25 new connections at one time? Regards,
- Mehul
See the news as it happens on MSN videos
http://video.in.msn.com/