commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Rational Software Architect to SCXML plugin
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:42:52 GMT
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Christopher Dragert
<chris.dragert@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone on the mailing list has experience with the RSA plug-in.  I
want to design my state-charts in RSA, export them as SCXML documents, them use them in a
project built on commons SCXML.

> Unfortunately, the RSA plugin is to be out-of-date (built on 2005 SCXML working draft),
has trouble with executable content, and cannot handle custom actions.  Has anyone managed
to get this working in a useful way for a commons SCXML project?  Is there anyone out there
who can offer advice on how to use it?

> If necessary, I would be willing to work on the plugin, but the source is not available.

<snip/>

The RSA plugin is not maintained. There is currently work being done
to develop an updated Eclipse plugin (doesn't require RSA) that covers
executable content and some additional features.

If you are interested in trying it out, please email the dev list
since this is ongoing work.

-Rahul