commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] beanutils library cannot invoke the correct accessor
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:05:17 GMT
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Dimitris Tsitses <4.biz.etc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> actually replacing:
> BeanUtils.setProperty(myBeanInst, myProperty, instanceOfClassTypeX);
>
> with:
> MethodUtils.invokeMethod(myBeanInst, myPropertySetter, instanceOfClassTypeX);
>
> works like a dream, thanks for pointing out MethodUtils. I'm currently converting 'myProperty'
to 'myPropertySetter' manually (i.e., "propertyName" -> "setPropertyName"). Is there a
convenience method that I could use for the conversion?

Any modern IDE should have a rename refactoring feature.  I'd use that
to rename properties/methods.  That also will change the places where
it is used.  Very helpful.