commons-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Tsitses <4.biz....@gmail.com>
Subject [beanutils] beanutils library cannot invoke the correct accessor
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 02:02:59 GMT
Hi all, I'm trying to do something really simple but I can't seem to figure it out, I hope
someone can help.

I have a simple bean:

public class MyBean {
	private ClassTypeA myProperty;

	public void setMyProperty(ClassTypeA anObj) {
		this.myProperty = anObj;
	}
	public void setMyProperty(ClassTypeB anObj) {
		this.myProperty = Converter.convertBtoA(anObj);
	}

}

If I invoke the setter by passing an instance of ClassTypeA, it works without a problem:
BeanUtils.setProperty(myBeanInst, "myProperty", instanceOfClassTypeA);

However if I invoke the setter by passing an instance of ClassTypeB, I get an exception and
the setter is never actually called:
BeanUtils.setProperty(myBeanInst, "myProperty", instanceOfClassTypeB);
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot invoke.. la la la - argument type mismatch -

I can't believe it is not possible to do that, I'm sure I'm just missing something. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Dimitris