commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration: Editing Root Node
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:54:49 GMT
Am 02.06.2010 22:01, schrieb Scott Dudley:

> Oliver Heger wrote:
>> Scott,
>>
>> which version of Commons Configuration do you use? Older versions had
>> a bug related to manipulations of attributes of the root element.
>> Details can be found in [1]. So maybe you are hit by this bug.
> Oliver,
>
> I'm using 1.2 but also downloaded and tested with 1.6 - same result.
>
> I did find that I'm able to set it by first calling clearProperty
> followed by addProperty. That works.
>
> My issue sounded much like this:
> http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/jira-Created-CONFIGURATION-296-XMLConfiguration-and-attributes-on-the-root-node-td748669.html

Scott,

there is a test case in the junit test for XMLConfiguration [1] which
checks exactly this scenario. So I am pretty convinced that changing
attributes of the root element via setProperty() works.

Is it possible that somewhere in your classpath is still an old version
of Commons Configuration? The bug you are referring to has been fixed in
Configuration 1.5.

Oliver

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/configuration/TestXMLConfiguration.java?view=markup