commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject [dbcp] New user: what is the state of Statement pooling
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:46:00 GMT
Hi I'm new, both to this list and DB pooling (I'm a developer that can
readily hack together some SQL, but not qualified at optimizing it).

I am building an app that will execute a Statement or Call thousands times
per minute, but only one Statement/Call per time the connection is borrowed
from the pool.

It seems that caching that heavily used Statement/Call is a good idea.

I searched the archives and found some references to discussions about
changes in 1.3 that might/might not occur.

I didn't find much in the way of docs to help me understand all of these
details on the dbcp site.

Can someone update me, or point me to some docs, on what is/isn't possible
in this regard. I am developing a stand-alone app.

Thanks,

David