commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] use the send action.
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 21:41:04 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM, jocke eriksson <jocke29@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an application that uses many custom actions, but now I'm trying to
> use the dispatchers Send method.
> My problem is that when I use the executor to trigger events, the machine
> ends up in an loop.
> How could one get a reference to the derived events collection from the send
> action, to add events that way.
<snip/>

The EventDispatcher is meant for <send> and <cancel>, which are part
of the external communications module. It does not provide ready
access to the derived events collections, which is the internal state
of the executing state machine. As you note above, that collection is
available to custom actions.

However, in v0.9, the semantics of skipping the 'target' and
'targettype' (latest WD: now known as 'type') attributes for a <send>
has the effect of adding the event to the internal events collection
(latest WD: the type has to be '#_internal' instead of empty or
missing).

-Rahul