commons-user mailing list archives

From Marc Ballat <marc.bal...@googlemail.com>
Subject [net] HTTP Proxy support
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 15:38:47 GMT
 I am desperate (well, that may be a bit exagerated...).

I have been trying different solutions to get a Java program to implement an
FTP client that works behind a proxy (HTTP connect).

My first idea was to use apache.org.commons.net.
FTPClient in a similar way to what I had done for SFTP.  However I cannot
find a single reference to a proxy in the configuration.

My second idea was to create a custom SocketFactory and create a socket
using the createSocket(proxy) constructor.  It fails however with an
IllegalProxy exception.  I had to look at the source code of java.net.socket
to discover that Proxy.Type.HTTP is simply not supported !  The code has
changed between JDK 1.5 and 1.6 but the bottom line remains unchanged :
Proxy.Type.HTTP will cause an IllegalProxy exception.

I am not satisfied by the System.getProperties().put solution.

I would be glad to find someone who has managed to get soemthing similar to
work.

Cheers, Marc