commons-user mailing list archives

From rhwinzin <>
Subject Configuration: Reading multiple files with the same name (from different jars)
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 10:34:44 GMT

I'm currently designing an application which has to be very flexible /
extendable. My idea was to provide certain "hooks" (i.e. configuration files
with well defined names) that can be placed in various jar modules or in the
file-system classpath. Maybe I should give an example:

Say we have a configuration file "". This file might be
provided in various JARs (/META-INF/") and all of them
should be loaded. Furthermore, the application should check the file-system
classpath if there's also one (or more) such property file. The whole thing
should support reload strategy and the application should also check, if
there was a new properties file created in the classpath.

I'm not quite sure, whether Commons-Configuration supports this out of the
box. If so, maybe someone could give me a hint, on how to do this. If not,
hints for writing the respective extension are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sent from the Commons - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message