commons-user mailing list archives

From mayur malpani <mayur.p...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] Facing issue while FTPing a file from Mainframe server using vfs -can someone help
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:37:37 GMT
Hi,
     I am facing issues while FTPing a file from Mainframe server to unix
server using apache commons vfs ,but  it gives me a exception saying source
file cannot be found when i am trying to use the copyfrom ( ) function .

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException
: Could not copy ftp://host/file-name because it does not exist.
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(
AbstractFileObject.java:858)
at Testvfs.main(
Testvfs.java:102) .

I am resolving the file using resolve( ) method .The url i am using is "
ftp:\\ <host name>\ <file-name>   " . Once i retrieve a FTPFileObject i even
try to run FTPFileObject.fileExists( ) method and it returns me false value.
I even confirmed that the file exist on the mainframe server.

The file from which i am trying to ftp is a mainframe server and copying it
to unix server.

Can someone please help me out with this.

Thanks
Mayur.