commons-user mailing list archives

From mayur malpani <mayur.p...@gmail.com>
Subject [VFS] Invalid descendent file name "$SYSNAME/dev".
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:26:37 GMT
Hi ,
     I am getting an exception saying invalid descendent name while
traversing in a FTP server when trying to use the following code.

manager.resolveFile("ftp://<user-name>:<password>@<server-name>:21/"
,options).findFiles(*new* AllFileSelector(),*true*,list);

also tried

manager.resolveFile("ftp://<user-name>:<password>@<server-name>:21/"
,options).findFiles(*new* AllFileSelector(),*false*,list);

getting the following exception

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not find files in "ftp://
<user-name>:<password>@<server-name>:21/<ftp://<user-name>:<password>@<server-name>/>
".
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.findFiles(AbstractFileObject.java:1478)
 at testMF.main(testMF.java:122)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Invalid descendent
file name "*$SYSNAME/dev*".
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveName(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:738)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getChildren(AbstractFileObject.java:583)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.traverse(AbstractFileObject.java:1502)
 at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.findFiles(AbstractFileObject.java:1473)
 ... 1 more

Can some one please help me out with this ?

Thanks,

Mayur