commons-user mailing list archives

From Mick Knutson <mknut...@baselogic.com>
Subject Adapting legacy request parameters into new POJO?
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:28:05 GMT
I have an interesting issue I am trying to solve in a manageable way.

I have a few dozen legacy JSP's that I am phasing out. But I have to do them
1by1. Each page create a POST of ~12 named request parameters that are ALL
named different. VERY frustrating as there is no good convention.

So, My thought is trying to create a Map for mapping the old names to the
new names for each POST:
Map reqParam = {"newName", "oldName"}

Where I have a new POJO that has set/getNewName(..)

Then, somehow copying from these old request properties from my request
properties Map to the new one's in my new POJO.

Once Mapped, I have no further use for the old names.

Can someone help point me in the right direction to be able to use common
Lang if possible?

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://www.baselogic.com
Blog: http://www.baselogic.com/blog/