commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Net] access denied (java.net.SocketPermission ftpperso.free.fr resolve)
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:08:59 GMT
On 08/04/2010, Thomas VEQUAUD <thomas.vequaud@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
>  Thank you for your answer, I browsed your link quickly, it's seem really
>  interesting, I'll go deeper after work. Tell me if I'm wrong but the policy
>  file is stored on computers so I cannot access or edit this file for every
>  users who try to use my applet?

True, but perhaps worth trying on your system to see if it helps.

>  Maybe I used a too basic crypting method ? Maybe a stronger one could grant
>  highest permissions such as socket permissions ?

I'm sorry, but I don't really know how else to solve the issue.

Maybe you also need to sign the Commons Net jar?

I've done some Googling and found this:

http://faq.javaranch.com/java/HowCanAnAppletReadFilesOnTheLocalFileSystem

Also, consider catching the Exception and providing a nicer message to
the user of the applet.

This is getting off-topic for the Commons User list.