commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexandr Nalbandyan <analband...@googlemail.com>
Subject [daemon] Problems of downgrading user prevelegies.
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:15:43 GMT
Hi Following is the problem we have faced when specifying "-user" option in
jsvc.

In the following code snipped in init method definition we have tried to
create file output stream.
"
    public final void init(final DaemonContext arg0) throws Exception {
        FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = new
FileOutputStream("logs/test.out");
"
But this code throws exception saying "Permission Denied".

But if we remove -user  option it works.
According to the documentation init method should run  with "super user"
prevelages.

Used environment
Jsvc version : 1.0.2
 java version "1.6.0_15"
OS version: Linux ubuntu 2.6.31-16-generic

Thanks in advance.
Alik