commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: "Connection reset" exceptions
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:16:38 GMT
you've tried supplying a validation query?

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Bruno Melloni
<Bruno.Melloni@chickasaw.net> wrote:
> I started getting these on a long-running command-line application, with Spring, SQL
Server and DBCP for the DataSource.   What I found by googling seems to point towards:

> a)      The database times out on idle connections and resets them.  Then DBCP does
not know how to handle it and fails.

> b)      A network failure causes a failure that triggers the error.
>
> The only solutions I found suggest that there is a bug in DBCP and that I should switch
to the c3p0 DataSource/connection pool.  But I suspect that there must be a way (perhaps
through config settings) to make DBCP not have these issues.  I would welcome any help that
I can get.