commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] incompatibility of jar with svn
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:29:11 GMT
Yes, you can have code that uses both versions in your code.  What I
meant was that we support the codebase as a whole, publishable unit.
We don't expect folks to pick pieces out of different releases and try
to combine them.

The group id has been renamed to org.apache.commons already
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/trunk/pom.xml),
so you really can have two different versions in your maven project.
One might argue that the artifactId should be commons-lang3 for
consistency with later releases, but since we don't have any lang
releases in the org.apache.commons group yet, it's not that big of a
deal I guess (I'd prefer lang3 in the artifactId too).