commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Net] access denied (java.net.SocketPermission ftpperso.free.fr resolve)
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 00:59:01 GMT
On 12/04/2010, Thomas VEQUAUD <thomas.vequaud@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >
>  > By the way, if you use Eclipse to test with the applet viewer, it
>  > automatically creates a policy file that allows everything - which
>  > might explain why it worked for you. You can edit the file to change
>  > this. Other IDEs may perhaps behave the same.
>  >
>  >

>  Netbeans but changing the policy file of a final user is totally
>  unproductive and we should never ask non trivial actions to the final users.

I think you have misunderstood me.

If you want to test the behaviour of an applet using the applet viewer
provided by an IDE, make sure that the policy it uses is relevant for
the target installation. Otherwise it may appear to work fine in the
IDE, but not when deployed. Adjusting the IDE policy will allow one to
check exactly what is needed by the applet.

How you ensure that the appropriate privileges are available on the
target installation is a totally separate matter.