commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Facing issue while FTPing a file from Mainframe server using vfs -can someone help
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:15:44 GMT
vfs uses Apache Commons Logging. How to enable logging depends on the logging framework you
have included (e.g. log4j). You can also use commons logging's SimpleLog. The instructions
for that are at http://commons.apache.org/logging/guide.html#Configuration and ://commons.apache.org/logging/apidocs/org/apache/commons/logging/impl/SimpleLog.html.

Ralph

On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:34 PM, mayur malpani wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>             Hey first of thanks for replying back.
>
> 1) No right now I am running a standalone main class program to FTP the file which is
running on eclipse, I am using this program to FTP a file from Mainframe system to a unix
server.
> 2) Yes I have tried to run  a FTP command line locally to get the file from mainframe
and it works fine .
> 3)Can you please let me know how will I enable debugging over here.
>

> Thanks
> Mayur
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I just replied to your message on the dev list but this is the more appropriate list
anyway.

> IIUC you are running the application using VFS on a unix system and trying to FTP from
the mainframe. Have you first tried it via the FTP command line to verify that that works?
If it does you are going to want to enable debug and see what ftp commands are being issued
and from that determine what the problem is.