commons-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Melloni <Bruno.Mell...@chickasaw.net>
Subject "Connection reset" exceptions
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:13:58 GMT
I started getting these on a long-running command-line application, with Spring, SQL Server
and DBCP for the DataSource.   What I found by googling seems to point towards:

a)      The database times out on idle connections and resets them.  Then DBCP does not know
how to handle it and fails.

b)      A network failure causes a failure that triggers the error.

The only solutions I found suggest that there is a bug in DBCP and that I should switch to
the c3p0 DataSource/connection pool.  But I suspect that there must be a way (perhaps through
config settings) to make DBCP not have these issues.  I would welcome any help that I can
get.

Thank you.