commons-user mailing list archives

From ROUSSEAU Guillaume <guillaume.rouss...@antelink.com>
Subject 3% of open source software ever created use Apache Commons libraries
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:29:10 GMT
We (at Antelink) just launch a service that monitors the rate of reuse
within a large set of open source projects. This free service is a
byproduct of our R&D activity and is based on a large sample including
more than 162.000 projects from SourceForge and GoogleCode mainly. It
covers projects from the very beginning of open source history till up
to now, without filtering based on technologies.

Looking for an example, we find interesting to use this service on very
popular components like Apache commons. We derived a cloud including
most popular apache-commons releases from which reuse rating can be
extracted for each of them.
http://www.antelink.com/community/demo/ <http://www.antelink.com/community>

Hoping this service is useful for the community, and aiming to improve
further versions, we will be very open to feedbacks and comments about
the service, and suggestions regarding studies of interest for the
community.

Blog entries http://www.antelink.com/blog

TOP 5 most reused components from Apache Commons
* Logging
* Collections
* Lang
* BeanUtils