commons-user mailing list archives

From <ext-steven.bus...@nokia.com>
Subject [digester] Unexspected NoSuchMethodException on addSetNestedProperties
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:54:56 GMT
Hi,
I have a problem using Digester and I hope you can help me. I have the following Bean:

public class MyEntry {
    private String entityID;

   public String getEntityID() { return this.entityID; }
   public void setEntityID(final String entityID) { this.entityID = entityID; }
}

And the following XML structure:

<entries>
   <entry>
      <MyID>
         24309LAGH1
      </MyID>
   </entry>
</entries>

I use the addSetNestedProperties(...) method of the digester API:

digester.addSetNestedProperties("entries/entry", "MyID", "entryID");

The following exception occurs:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Bean has no property named MyID

Why is digester searching for a property named "MyID"? I specified "entryID" as bean property
accorsing to the digester API

Thanks :)

Best regards
Steven Busack