commons-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas P. Fuller" <thomas.ful...@coherentlogic.com>
Subject Commons Lang ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString / Hibernate question
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:55:32 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a brief question about the Commons Lang ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString method:

If I override the toString method as follows:

@Override
public String toString() {
        return ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString(this);
}

for a Hibernate CGLIB-enhanced bean, my understanding is that this will *not* call the database
because the reflectionToString method is accessing the fields directly and not the getter
methods.

Can you please clarify if I am correct?

Thanks for your help,

Tom