commons-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo M. H." <geronimo...@arcor.de>
Subject [dbcp] need help for late configuration in multithreaded environment
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:43:23 GMT
Hello,

I changed my db-access to be user-configurable. When my app starts, it reads
the archive-name and driver class, the user configured and tries to setup a
poolable datasource from that properties.

I'm now trapped within threads, context initialization and timings.

The point is, when I read the user properties, that should be used for
datasource, the datasource instance has already been created (by the
context). When I load the drivers jar and class, all works well, but as soon
as I ask a connection from the datasource, I get an exception, which says,
that the driver-class could not be loaded.

So I guess, the point is, that both actions run in different threads and I
don't know, how to change the classloader of an already loaded instance or an
unknown thread.

Can anybody shine me a light please on what datasource to use or how to change
properties of an already instantiated datasource?

kind regards

Geronimo