commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Putting a VFS behind a sftp server
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 04:55:38 GMT
Yes, VFS has support for sftp. I don't personally use the ftp or sftp providers but I know
lots of other people do.  However, your question has me confused. When you say "I'd like VFS
to be accesssible via sftp" I'm not sure what you mean. VFS is a client layer that provides
a File-like interface to access resources that are accessible via protocols with a file-system
like structure, such as FTP, WebDav, etc.

Ralph

On Apr 26, 2010, at 9:40 PM, Sanghvi, Viraj wrote:

> Hi, I'm really interested in using VFS, but was wondering if there was a sftp bridge
like the ftp bridge to Apache FTPServer (http://vfs-utils.sourceforge.net/ftpserver/index.html).
Basically, I'd like the VFS to be accessible via sftp.

> If there isn't something available, what would I need to do to get this to work? Is it
possible to just mount an vfs in a unix file system?